SeCTer is an economic development organization providing funding, development, counseling, and more to support southeastern CT businesses.
WHO THEY HELP
- Technical support
- Business counseling
- Facilitates match making events for Department of Defense industry.
- Hosts general networking events.
- Revolving loan funds to help cover loan amounts that banks will not guarantee (non-traditional loans). Loans typically cover equipment costs but also can cover land/real estate purchases in some cases.
- Small business development counselor as a part of PTAC program.
- SeCTer databases include demographics data and local GDP data that manufacturers can use.
- Gets community input on comprehensive economic development strategy.
ADVISORY SERVICES INCLUDE:
- One-on-one business counseling.
- Helping companies find financing options.
- Identifying subcontracting opportunities.